We Fund Organizations That Meet the Following Eligibility Requirements
You are a nonprofit organization, an organization with a nonprofit fiscal sponsor, or a tribal government.
- Nonprofit 501(c)(3) organizations
- Organizations without a 501(c)(3) may use a 501(c)(3) fiscal sponsor
- Tribal governments with IRS 7871 status
You are from one of the following nine tribal nations on the Colorado Plateau.
- Kaibab Paiute
- Ute Mountain Ute
- White Mountain Apache
Your organization is working in one of four priority areas.
These areas emerged from a series of intertribal discussions. Cultural leaders identified these areas as requiring immediate and sustained attention.
- Protection of water
- Protection of sacred sites and/or endangered landscapes
- Preservation of languages
- Sustainable, community-based agriculture
Your grant request is for building skills and leadership capabilities and will contribute to the long-term sustainability of your organization. Proposals may be submitted for any amount between $1,000 and $25,000.
Examples include, but are not limited to, activities, training, and classes to:
- Build leadership skills
- Develop skills in grant writing and proposal writing
- Develop specific skills central to your organization’s mission
- Increase fluency in the use of technology
- Strengthen management of finances, people, and your organization
WE DO NOT FUND:
- Fundraising events
- Non-Native organizations
- Operating expenses
- Scholarships or fellowships